Saturday, June 9, 2012

New things can be challenging!

We had a challenging but great week!

This past weekend we were able to spend time with our friends the Corbetts. The boys had so much fun playing together for about 4 hours straight.  We were blessed on Sunday to attend a reception to welcome a newly ordained priest into the church and received a blessing for our family.  I have been told there is something very special about a blessing from a newly ordained priest so we felt very lucky to have received one from him. 

This week posed some new challenges for Quentin.  He started swim lessons on Monday and we had to leave after 15 minutes due to him refusing to do anything.  He was crying and I was about to as well!  We talked about it with him and did a little bribing which helped Wednesday's practice go much smoother!  Tuesday, Darcy and Quentin went to Quentin's future pre-school to do some preliminary testing.  Quentin's strong will and also shyness took affect and it took a lot of coaxing to get him to do the tests but he ended up doing them and tested very well!  He will start school in August at Chapel Hill Christian School and can potentially go through the fifth grade.  We are all very excited!

Quentin, Noah, and I went yesterday over a friend's house from church to pick blueberries. We had a lot of fun!

We celebrated the end of the week at Chuck E Cheese playing some games with Quentin last night.  I have to admit....I was anti- Chuck E. Cheese but after playing the games during a slow evening and watching the pleasure on Q's face, I would go back. =) 

Today has been a relaxing day for us.  I love the weekends.



No comments:

Post a Comment