Friday, July 13, 2012

Great time in Kansas!

I have finally been able to sit down and blog. I have actually missed it!  It is a great way to gather my thoughts. 

We had a wonderful time in Kansas from July 2- July 10.  We went to Downs for a couple days and were able to spend time with Darcy's parents, his sister Karen, his sister-in- law Amanda, and cousins Megan, Kirsten, and Kaleb.  It was so very hot in Kansas the entire time we were there that we went to the pool a couple times and were able to enjoy the Downs Celebration with riding some rides. I have learned that Quentin is a little dare devil.  He enjoyed jumping off of the diving board and also the Ferris Wheel and Tilt a Whirl. 

We went back to Wichita on Friday to celebrate the marriage of one of my closest friends, Kim. On the way back, we were able to join my grandma for lunch which was a blessing.  The time was very short with her but so very important that she was able to see her great grand children.  The wedding was beautiful and I wish her and Austin such a wonderful life together.  I was able to hang out and have a blast with another close friend Kristin.  The wine flowed a little too much and I think we left an impression on the wedding guests at the reception. =) I always have an awesome time with Kristin. 

We then spent time with my parents and celebrated my mom's recent retirement from teaching.  She is a wonderful teacher and I know has touched the lives of so many kids in the 20+ years of her career.  My brother and his girlfriend, Linda were able to come to dinner with us. It was so nice to see them.   The pool theme continued in Wichita and we were also able to catch up with some good friends of mine, Terry and John, whom I had lost touch with over the past couple years but now have reconnected with.  It was so great to see them!  Darcy flew out on Monday back to Georgia and then I flew back with little Noah Tuesday.  He did pretty well on both flights.  Quentin is spending time with the Grandparents in Kansas for 3 weeks and I know will be totally spoiled rotten!  I miss him very much but know that he is in wonderful hands and needs this important time with his grandparents. It is strange just having Noah as an only child. It makes me think back to my time with Quentin when he was this age. I will enjoy this time with him and Darcy.

Here are some pictures of the trip and Noah turning 9 months!





No comments:

Post a Comment