Saturday, December 8, 2012

The past couple weeks have been exciting.

I received the much anticipated call to go interview with Douglas County School System's Foodservice Department. I interviewed last Friday and gave it my all. Let me tell you this week has been an emotion roller coaster as I have awaited a phone call to find out yes or no. I never received a call so assumed it was looking glim. However, yesterday one of my friends was at a  mutual meeting with the director and found out that she is having a difficult time deciding.  I guess there still is a glim of hope. There were 7 of us who interviewed and who knows how many she has it slimmed down to.  This is all in God's hands from this point on.

I also received a call yesterday from an administrator at my work to meet with her this coming Monday to discuss my input on some major changes with the wellness department of our hospital and to discuss my role.  I applied for a job there a couple months ago and it has been slow going but it sounds like things are now going to really start moving.  It is a very exciting time but also makes me anxious to think about the future.

Quentin went to the ENT last week to check out his ears and all turned out great! His hearing tested normal so we were so relieved about that since he did not do well with his screening a couple months ago at his pediatrician.

The boys and I will be leaving for Wichita this coming Thursday night-Tuesday to celebrate Christmas with my dad's family. I will also get to see two of my closest friends, Kristin and Kim to celebrate Kristin's birthday.  I am sure there will be alot of laughs to come!

Last night, we attended Quentin's Christmas program. It was quite the production!  He was so cute as a sheep. Quentin's day care provider, Joya and her husband Kenny came. It made Quentin's night! They are like grandparents to him.  It was surreal to me last night that this is our first of many Christmas programs to come.  He is growing up!  

Here are some pictures to share.





 Mr. Kenny and Ms. Joya
 Look at the triplets!
Quentin's teacher, Mrs. Eubanks. He loves her!

No comments:

Post a Comment