Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Excited for a change

It has been quite a while since I have blogged.

I guess the hustle and bustle of the last month got out from under me.

We had a wonderful Christmas season.  The boys and I had such a nice time in Kansas with my dad's family for an early Christmas. I was so happy that our extended family were able to meet the boys.

Darcy's parents visited for a week at Christmas time and spoiled the kids rotten. =) It was very nice to have them around. Darcy's brother Doug and his family came up on Christmas Day.  Darcy and I even got a date night out to "The Santaland Diaries" which is a play that we saw together about 10 years ago. Still as funny and crude as it was when we saw it the first time.

We have been getting back into the swing of things of work and Quentin's school schedule. Noah has been battling a horrible cold this week which resulted in having to take some time off of work.

During this crazy week, I have also had my life take a great turn.  I find out about a Health Coaching job with Communit-Y Health Network which is a worksite wellness program. Here is their website if you are insterested: http://www.chn-corp.com/.  They were getting a new account in Carrollton where I work currently. They had contacted me in December to interview but the month was so busy that I asked them to call me after the new year which they did last Monday. They interviewed me on Saturday and offered me the job on the spot. They said they were highly impressed with my resume and thought I could be a great asset to the company which made me feel great. I will start with them February 5th. The hard part was turning in my notice to my manager who I have been working with for the past 7 years at Tanner with.  I feel like I am going out on good terms and she knew that I had been looking for a change for a while.  I am also excited about a training next week that I will be attending for Children's Health Care of Atlanta to start doing some contract work with them for their wellness department.


No comments:

Post a Comment