Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ups and Downs this Week

Well... I am happy to report that we made it through the first week of school. Quentin did well the first couple days because I was off and was able to drop him off and pick him up for 1/2 days.  Wednesday brought about another adventure of dropping off at pre-care and then him staying for after care.  He screamed and cried and all I could do was turn around and walk out to the car. Of course the guilt in my heart was huge and I held back the tears until I got to work.  I can only imagine what his little mind was thinking (why are you leaving me in this new room, with this new teacher, and new kids???).  He was better on Thursday but still clung to me but no crying though.  We really enjoyed hearing his stories when he came home.  My favorite thus far was "Being obedient makes God's heart happy".  They are learning obedience this month. However, I am not sure that is translating to home. =)

We had a great weekend.  We were able to go down to Columbus, Georgia yesterday and celebrate our niece Gracie's 5th birthday with Darcy's parents and brother Doug's family. It was so nice to see everyone and spend time with family. 

We have had a pretty relaxing day today. Enrolled Quentin in our church's religious education classes for children. He will start going weekly in September.  Another adventure to start!

Here are some pictures of the boys with their cute matching outfits that my mom got for them! 








No comments:

Post a Comment