We had an up and down week with Noah running a fever for 3 days and waking up in the middle of the night crying. He was over it by Thursday just in time for him and Quentin to go to their well checks on Friday. It was quite the adventure with Quentin getting 5 shots and Noah 4 shots! Darcy was there with me for support and support he did!! We agreed we could not have done it on our own. The doctor was concerned about Quentin's hearing in his left ear since he did not do very well on the hearing screening even after it was repeated. He will go back in 3 months to get rechecked and if there is not improvement we will go to a Pediatric ENT. I pray that it is normal. Quentin also had a run in with his train table where he gashed his head. Luckily it did not bleed but it was the size of a golf ball! The swelling was down by the morning.
I have something exciting to share. I have applied for a new position at work for the Community Health Project Coordinator. Our hospital was chosen for a 1.22 million dollar grant from the CDC to do a 2 year initiative in our community to promote health. They were the only ones in Georgia chosen. This would be a very challenging position and would be full time!!! That is the scary part for me is considering going full time after being part time now for almost 4 years and having such precious time with the boys. However, this would be an awesome career opportunity for me and for growth. I know in my heart that I can still be an awesome mom to the boys even if I am working full time but need to get the guilt out of my head. I am waiting to hear if I have an interview. I went out this weekend and spent way too much money on a snazzy suit that hopefully will help with "the image". Keep me in your prayers.
We enjoyed watching K-State crunch Texas Tech yesterday. Darcy and I are so hopeful we can make it to the bowl game this year as a little get away. We will see. I took the boys to a fall festival in our neighborhood and Noah won with his cow outfit. I will post pics after Halloween of their costumes. Quentin is being a Lightening McQueen Pit Crew member. He looks so cute.
We carved pumpkins tonight. We will be trick or treating with friends from the neighborhood.
Here are some pictures to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment